We are saddened to report the passing of Rex E. Marsh on May 24, 2018. He was a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 28th Vertebrate Pest Conference.
As described in the By-Laws of the Vertebrate Pest Conference, the objectives of the organization are:
- To exchange information on Vertebrate Pest Management and related matters through periodic meeting and other appropriate means
- To advance environmentally safe Vertebrate Pest Management methodology
- To advance undergraduate and graduate education in Vertebrate Pest Management
- To cooperate with public and private agencies in the solution of problems relating to Vertebrate Pest Management
- To consider and refer to the proper agencies, problems of mutual concern in the field of Vertebrate Pest Management
- To foster educational work on Vertebrate Pest Management through all appropriate agencies
- To encourage research by both public and private agencies on problems and their solutions as related to Vertebrate Pest Management, and
- To promote uniformity and coordination of activities among agencies concerned with the regulatory aspects of Vertebrate Pest Management.